As a Miami advertising agency, we know that businesses try to stand out from their competitors. In certain sectors, entities, such as McDonald’s and Amazon stand out from their competition via marketing and advertising, quality products, and service. As a small business owner, you think that can’t stand out from the competition. Well, McDonald’s didn’t stand out from their competition in one day. They started as a single barbecue restaurant in San Bernadino, California in 1940. On the other hand, Amazon started out of a garage with a potbellied stove. How can your business stand out from the competition and gain more customers? We offer three ways to make your business stand out from the competition, grow, and increase your revenue.
Focus on Providing Excellent Customer Service
According to Grant Cardone, 55% of consumers that intend to make a purchase with a company back out because of poor customer service. For small businesses, make each customer interaction important and treat them with respect. How do you make each customer interaction important? We offer two tips to help provide excellent customer service:
- Answer your phone calls in three rings or less with enthusiasm: Did you know that more than 90% of customer interactions occur over the telephone? Answer each telephone call in less than three rings. When people call, be enthusiastic. Since people don’t see your body movements over the telephone, an enthusiastic voice improves engagement. When you have great customer service over the telephone, this increases customer satisfaction and acquisition.
- Cut out the words “I Don’t Know” from your customer service vocabulary: When you say “I don’t know,” it comes across as a lack of interest in helping your customer get the best information they need to make a purchase. When you don’t have the answer for your customer, the best response is:
“I want to get the best answer for you for your question. Let me find out for you! What’s the best way to contact you to give you the answer?”
When you provide excellent customer service, you’ll stand out from the competition and generate more business.
Create a Website and Make Sure It’s Responsive
As a Miami advertising agency, we’re aware that 46% of small businesses don’t have a website. If your small business wants to stand out from the competition, then create a website. Why is a website important? It provides your customers the ability to access information about company’s products and services, and content any time. In addition, you want to make sure that your website is responsive. We have two statistics which highlight how people access the web and searches on mobile devices:
- More than half of all people access the web on a mobile device.
- Nearly 60% of all web searches occur on a mobile device.
With a responsive website, you’ll be able to provide customers the optimal experience to learn more about your company’s products and services to gain new business.
Write Blog Posts and Articles
One of the best ways to stand out from the competition is by writing blog posts and articles. How does a blog help your business? Small businesses that have a blog generate 126% more leads than those that don’t blog. How do you make your blog informative and relevant to reach customers? As a Miami advertising agency, we offer three tips to make your blog reach consumers:
- Conduct research on topics related to your industry: By conducting research on your industry, you’ll learn which topics capture your target audience’s attention.
- Set an editorial calendar: An editorial calendar provides an agenda to help you write, publish, and share your blog posts and articles with consumers. Businesses which publish at least 20 times a month generate five times more traffic than those that publish once a week.
- Edit your blog posts and article for spelling errors and grammar: Make sure you use proper grammar and cut out spelling errors. Bad grammar and spelling errors create a perception of laziness and reduce your authority in your industry.
With well-written blog posts that focus on topics that interest consumers, you increase customer engagement, generate leads, and gain revenue to stand out from your competition.
As a Miami advertising agency, we believe that implementing these strategies will help your business stand out from the competition. When you have excellent customer service, a responsive website, and a blog which offers informative and relative content, you gain customers and increase revenue.
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-life-of-amazon-founder-ceo-jeff-bezos-2014-7/#and-so-amazon-was-born-mackenzie-and-jeff-flew-to-texas-to-borrow-a-car-from-his-father-and-then-they-drove-to-seattle-bezos-was-making-revenue-projections-in-the-passenger-seat-the-whole-way-though-the-couple-did-stop-to-watch-the-sunrise-at-the-grand-canyon-17 Business Insider